




ALL of us are home! Both Lily and Lola passed their sleep studies and were discharged today from the NICU. We are thrilled to all be home and start our family life.
For those of you who know about sleep studies, both girls did well enough to not even need a monitor.
Final discharge weights and heights: Lily 5 lbs. 5. 6 oz. and 18 inches long; Lola 5 lbs. 5.8 oz. and 18 inches long. Almost exactly the same!
The girls had newborn pictures made at the hospital today and it was a hoot. Some were made together and it certainly kept all of us hopping.
Above pictures show how my wonderful sister Sarah and my husband decorated for our arrival, the girls bedroom, the girls in their beds (Lily in purple, Lola in pink), and the family as we left the NICU.
We will follow up with our pediatrician later this week. Again, we thank the great NICU staff from the bottom of our hearts.
I don't think I have ever felt this contented. I am overjoyed at finally realizing my dream of being a mother. I love my girls and my husband and I think I am the luckiest person in the world. Thanks to everyone for all of your support.
One note: our neonatologist has recommended we limit visitors and people holding/touching the girls for the next several months. Babies born as premature as our girls do not have the benefit of a fully formed immune system and need to be watched closely. It is disappointing to not get to physically share the girls with everyone, but after they get bigger and stronger hopefully we will be able to be more social.
Love, Mel


8 comments:
I am so glad that you are home! I'm sure it is such a relief! If you call need anything, food, a quick trip to the store, just let me know! I love all FOUR of you very much!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was watching your page all day yesterday hoping to find out yall were able to go home!! I am so happy for you and Don!! Give Lily and Lola a kiss from their cousins in Texas!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby
We are smiling here in the King household... got the news last night that you were able to go home yesterday! Personally, smile and feely tingly every time I think about the fact that you have finally realized your dream of becoming a mother.
As for sharing the girls, we are ready as soon as they are. I don't want to pester you, so you just let us know when that is. I will call to check-in regularly, though!
Much love you your amazing husband, your beautiful daughters, and to you... the Heffington Family at Home!
How exciting!!! I couldn't believe it when Anne told me it had been 5 weeks. I'm sure it didn't seen to go by as quickly for you as it seemed to for me.
Such a happy ending for your long journey is some of the best news I have ever had. I know that you and Don will be wonderful parents.
If you need anything at all and when the girls are ready for visitors, let us know.
We are so thankful to hear that you guys are all home and all together. This is answer to our prayers. May God bless you and your family and especially the twins with good health. We will continue to pray as you guys get adjusted to parenthood and homelife. Love, Bill and Jeannie
Did you hear me scream:-) I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait until they get their immune systems built and we can play!! Congratulations...you are a beautiful family!!
Hey my name is Jenny and Melisa Weaver was telling me about you and your girls and gave me your blogsite! They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations on coming home! I was a nanny for a set of triplet girls and they all came home a month apart which was really hard for the whole family and the girls so what a blessing for your family!!! I am sure Melisa told you already that I am the one that does all the pics for her babies! Give me a call if you are interested! I would love to capture some precious portraits of your babies and your new family. And in case she hadn't told you I will come to your house and do the whole shoot so you won't have to get the girls out and in public! my email is jwhite723@aol.com. let me know what you think! hope to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment