Friday, July 4, 2008

First Fourth of July






Today was our first holiday as a family! We celebrated in the NICU with cute Fourth of July hats. The hats were 0 -3 month size, but were incredibly big for their preemie size heads. I think the girls ended up looking like Napolean Bonaparte with the front turned up. The girls also received cute patriotic beanie babies from their grandparents.
It was a great day as Lily officially graduated to an open air crib! She now weighs just over 4 lbs. and held her body temperature well all day in the open air crib. Yea Lily!
Lola also gained and is now just over 4 lbs. 4 oz.
Both girls did well working on their pacifiers, coordinating their eyes and with their feedings (still gavage).
Hope everyone's holiday was great!
Love, Mel

2 comments:

The Dutys said...

Happy 4th girls! They look so cute in their hats! We missed you at Maryanns last night, but I'm sure those girls loved spending the 4th with their mommy and daddy! Love you all!

Jocelyn said...

I love the hats!! And...yay for open cribs!