Monday, July 28, 2008

Matilda's Babies







The girls have a third parent in the form of Matilda, our shitzou mix. She follows me to do everything for them and guards them in their Moses baskets (thanks Karen!). Matilda was a little confused at first that she had not one, but two new babies. The monitor also gives her a run for her money, as she hears the monitor in another room and runs to that location to find "another baby" that she cannot see. Her world has been turned upside down. I have a feeling she would just love to get into the girls' Moses baskets and cuddle up. The girls love their baskets and sleep so soundly in them.
We are all continuing to settle into our new schedule. Don went back to work today and we all missed him terribly.
The girls don't sleep together and I feel like they live separate existences, at least as far as they know. I have been trying to re-introduce them to each other. Lola is a little testy about her personal space. Lily, as usual, just lets it flow over her.
Love, Mel



3 comments:

The Dutys said...

They look so cute! Tilda is definitly a little mom! Love you guys!

Jodi Govrik said...

Congrats! I am sooooo happy for you guys! Those girls knew how to get the heck out of dodge! I love to be proved wrong! :-) Sounds like you guys are doing great and I am so proud of you all! Your blog is awesome, I love checking it. I wish all our babies sailed through the NICU like those girls did! Well...then, I might not have a job. Mel, I remember the days when I felt successful just to get a shower. I remember Kelly Berry setting her goal so high as to go get the mail when she first had Marshall. Now, multiply that by 2, since you have 2 new babies, and I think getting 3 things done a day is quite a lofty goal! :-) Be easy on yourself, and I promise, it does get better....Hang in there! Jodi

veggiemom said...

Loving the girls' 3rd parent - too cute!!!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby