Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update

I will get some more pictures, but wanted to just first give a quick update. Lily and Lola are doing well. Lily sleeps alot and continues to be very mild-mannered. If she cries, you know she is upset or hungry. She has the most expressive eyes and always looks like she is studying you.
Lola has more periods of alertness right now and continues to be more theatrical (read: give it to me now, right now). She loves being held and making noises to get that task accomplished. Not that we don't want to hold both of them all the time, but not sure with twins that is possible. Lola continues with her reflux, although Lily's seems to all but have gone away.
Don is doing well. I don't think I have ever seen him this happy. When he comes home from work, he has the biggest grin and just rushes in to see "his girls". He spends the 9 until midnight shift with the girls while I get some rest. I love walking in and seeing him whispering to the girls, it is absolutely beautiful.
I am adjusting better to lack of sleep. We have made some adjustments to how we do things and it has helped me get almost 2 hrs. of sleep between feedings and this is VERY, VERY good. It is amazing how different I feel. I have wanted to be a mother for so long and feel so great to be able to stay home with my girls. My position has been moved to "as needed" at work and that is a good thing. I will be able to retain my years of service etc. without having to outright quit. The general plan is to revisit going back in some part-time form in around 6 months. I feel so blessed to be able to do this. It is strange though. I feel so different, not getting ready for "work". No make-up, who cares if I match? The other day a co-worker emailed me a clinical question and it felt so good to be able to use that part of my brain (thanks Brad!).
Also, just a quick note that the girls had their first pictures taken this week by a wonderful photographer who came to our house and was very reasonable and very patient! If anyone would like more info. please email me or comment and I can give you the information.
Pictures will come soon.
Love, Mel

3 comments:

The Dutys said...

I can't wait to see the pictures they took! I'm sure they are ADORABLE!

veggiemom said...

Glad you're figuring out how to get more sleep. Can't wait to see the pics!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

brotayjax said...

It's hard adjusting to parenthood when you only have one infant...you guys have two!!

I'd love to tell you that you'll get more sleep when they're older, but if you're anything like me and Alex (and I think you are), the worrying if their needs are met (cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally) will never stop!

We love you all...