Well our big news is the crazy wonderful amount of successful bottle feeding BOTH girls have been doing!
For 24 hrs. beginning yesterday, Lily did every other feeding entirely by bottle! Today, she did 3 bottles by 3 p.m. Her amount of formula/breastmilk is 40 mL, so that is really terrific. She has a really sweet, intent look on her face while she is feeding.
Lola did 3 bottles yesterday and 2 today (by the time we had left). She has 45 mL to take and does fantastic also. Her main issue is sleepiness. She just can't understand why we keep waking her up to eat when she has that very convenient nose tube that will do it without her effort.
I fed both girls multiple times today and it was such a great feeling as a mother to provide that for them. We also got to try breastfeeding with the help of our lactation consultant. The girls just tried a little bit, since they were so tired from there big progress with feeding at all. Apparently, from an oralmotor standpoint the bottle is easier than the breast. We will do whatever works, gains us weight, and gets us home ASAP!!!
Lily now weighs 4 lbs. and 3.79 oz. Lola weighs 4 lbs. 9.5 oz.
All and all, a very productive and wonderful day. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers for our baby girls. Please also remember in your prayers all babies that are born premature or need special care.
Love, Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Ignore my last removed comment...my computer went nutso!! What I said was YAY for bottles...sounds like your sweeties are going to come home very soon!
Can't wait until Grandmother day, tomorrow. Our babies are doing soooo well. They will be home before we know it. Gran and Grandad are so proud.
Love to all,
Gran and Grandad
Yay!!! I'm so excited! I'm waiting for a streak of healthiness in my house so I can come and visit! I miss those girlies!
,,mmmmnnbvxxxcvbnnlllopp iiiuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yygggfgggggggggggggggggggggg mmmmmm bbbbbbbbbbbbyh778888888888888 fdff ghghhhhhhhh
Love,
Caden Duty
Post a Comment