



Are these girls just about the sweetest things you have ever seen (Lola on left, Lily on right)? I know I am biased, but come on! Don and I are so lucky to have these girls! After all of these years of heartache and disappointment in trying to become parents, I can honestly say I would do it all over again to get these two angels as my daughters. We have truly been blessed beyond our wildest dreams. Thank you God!
Good news continues, girls were taken off of their caffeine today to see if they are ready to go it alone (caffeine was given to assist with regulating heartrate, common issue for preemies). If all goes well, we could have a sleep study within the next few days. The sleep study determines if there are any episodes of slow heartrate or breathing. If we pass, we could be looking at coming home sooner than we thought.
Both girls did fantastic today with feedings. Lily and Lola actually cry now when they are hungry. I know it sounds strange, but we like to hear that cry!
Lily now weighing 4 lbs. 13.9 oz. Lola lost 8 grams, but is still 5 lbs. .8 oz.
Please continue to pray for these little girls and all babies with special issues.
Love, Mel


2 comments:
Wow! Great progress! Hope all goes well without the caffeine and with the sleep study.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby
We are keeping our fingers crossed! We want to get those kiddos home!
Post a Comment