

Well, I set out to get some excellent pictures of the girls today for their one month birthday. I was thinking that four weeks equaled one month (which it does) and that their one month birthday would be today. Then Don brought up the fact that their birthday is on the 17th and that should probably be their one month birthday. So, we will have to wait to celebrate one month birthdays until the 17th.
I had wanted to get a picture of the girls together today in their "practice run" one month birthday apparel. However, Lola decided she had other plans for her outfit: use it as a diaper. It really wasn't her fault. So, we have some individuals that are not the best. One of these days, I will get a picture of Lola with her eyes open where she doesn't look stressed. I vow to also get a picture of Lily where she is not making funny faces (although they are cute).
I have almost forgot and buried the lead... LOLA IS OVER 5 LBS. NOW! She officially weighs 5 lbs. 1 oz. Lily is breathing down her neck at 4 lbs. 13 oz.
Doctor wants to reevaluate their readiness for home in the next 7 - 10 days. We are soooo ready to have these girls home! Several families in our NICU took their babies home today. I have to admit I was rather jealous. Soon, we will be leaving the hospital with our family, instead of leaving our hearts behind.
Love, Mel


3 comments:
woohoooo!!! Go girls, keep on growing and come home to play!
I can't wait to see their 'birthday' outfits! I love looking at their pictures everyday! Thanks for sharing them with us all!
So glad to hear the good news. I love your story about the pictures it got me laughing. Good luck with the pictures. Trust me when I say it doesn't get any easier to coordinate pictures as they grow either.
Post a Comment