Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When Exactly Did I Become Judge and Jury of Poop?

My husband came home the other day and asked how my day went. I opened with "L had a good poop" (names shall be held confidential to protect the innocent). When did this become appropriate conversation? And just exactly when did I become the judge of what "good poop" is? I mean I am an educated women, with other interests. I do watch CNN. And I do know the difference between Iraq and Iran.
However, all seems to pale in comparison to what these little ones do during the day. Every moment is absolutely precious to me. Okay, sometimes the crying in stereo (X 2 babies) can be nerve wracking. But seeing these little girls reveal their personalities and develop minute by minute is so very fun.
Lola has started to belly laugh and that just keeps us in permanent smiles. Lily is so hilarious to watch when she gets excited. Don says she is doing the running man, which is exactly what Lily's excitement looks like.
Both girls are starting to interact more with each other everyday. They get excited when they see each other. When they get close enough to love on the other, they close their eyes and have the sweetest expressions of sheer happiness.
Ah, little girls.... What else could be more precious?
Love, Mel

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

How life, and conversation, changes with little ones around.

Liz said...

Poop on your blog...snot on mine..ahhhh the life of a mother... yeah! You are getting to the fun part! Not that it hasn't been fun so far, but WPW when they really start interacting it's amazing!

Liz said...

that was supposed to be WOW...thought I better correct myself or you might be trying to figure out what government program has the initials WPW...tee hee