Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Here are my Top Ten Thankful Things for this week:

10. I am thankful for blogging as it makes me feel like I am having an adult conversation in the midst of babies

9. I am thankful for my little girls sleeping SOOO well the past few nights (from 1130 pm-last feeding, until 7 am)

8. I am thankful for the 2 solid hours I had last night of alone time

7. I am thankful for coffee and chocolate (sorry, had to be said)

6. I am thankful for internet shopping, since I cannot get out much, it has helped me get ready for Gracie

5. I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family

4. Of course, thankful for Don and especially seeing his excitement and eagerness to be an involved Dad (to include late feedings)

3. I am thankful for the privilege of being a mother

2. I am thankful for the blessings of Lily and Lola and the hope of Gracie ( I am still superstitious at feeling like her adoption is a done deal :)

1. I am thankful for the journey of faith. I would have never said that a year ago, as I spent much time questioning our journey to parenthood. Somehow all the pain melts away now and I feel so incredibly lucky to be living what I consider an extraordinary life.

Love, Mel

4 comments:

Liz said...

Glad you are getting some sleep...I PROMISE you will sleep again someday..and then you'll miss the sweet cuddles in the middle of the night...can't win!

The Dutys said...

I am thankful for coffee too!! :)

veggiemom said...

What a great list!

Liz said...

I have only done a half marathon...that is soooo awesome that you have done 2 and some half marathons! wow! i would love to train for a marathon with you someday...