Monday, June 30, 2008

Sleepy Day

Well, the big news for the day is Lola graduated to an open air crib! When I went in this morning she had already transferred into the open air crib and out of her isolette. It was a fantastic surprise, even though we knew it was a possibility yesterday. Not only did she hold her temperature well for the past 24 hrs., she continued to hold it while I was there all day today.
Lily also did fantastic at holding her body temperature over the past 24 hrs. and while I was there today. However, she has to weigh at least 1800 grams ( close to 4 lbs.) before she can transfer to the open air crib. She needs around 75 grams to get there, as she is 3 lbs. 12. 5 oz today.
All the work holding their body temperatures and the bottle trials yesterday must have wiped them out, as both girls slept hard all day. They both started to wake up and be alert right as we needed to leave. Have I mentioned how much I hate to leave?!?!!!
We continue to appreciate everyone's well wishes, prayers, and support. These baby girls are the answer to many, many prayers. Please continue to pray for their health and growth. Thanks so much! (Sorry no pics today as I forgot my camera!)
Love, Mel

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I knew they were both so smart... bottle trials and open cribs!! I can't believe you didn't have the camera...don't let that happen again:-)!!

brotayjax said...

Hugs, Kisses, Thoughts, Love, and Prayers headed your way every day. We love you so much...

Jodi Govrik said...

Souns like the girls are doing great...keep it up L & L! I love reading your blog! It's fun to see the daily progress that these two little miracles make everyday! Jodi

The Dutys said...

I'm so excited to hear that they are moving up in the world so quickly! Love you so much!