Thursday, June 26, 2008

Daddy's little girls

Since the girls have been doing so well out of their isolettes, we were permitted to hold them extra today in addition to "kangaroo" time. I held Lily for her noon feeding and it was great to see her face. With "kangaroo" time they lie on my chest, so I don't get a very good look while we cuddle.


Don held Lola for the very first time at her 6 pm feeding. It was precious. She just stayed pretty much sacked out the whole time, completely content. Lily was very active and alert today and when Don came in from work she followed his voice everywhere from her isolette. It is obvious both little girls love their Daddy.


The other fun thing is that both girls seem to smile all the time. I know people say that they aren't really smiling at this time of their lives, but both girls do smile repeatedly. It is so sweet.
Love, Mel

3 comments:

kellyberry said...

Melanie- I can't express how happy I am for you and Don. You both SO DESERVE a happy, blessed family! I am so excited for the progress of the girls! thank you for allowing us to peek in on your new family!

The Dutys said...

That is so fantastic! Wonderful pictures! So happy for you guys!

Shelly E. said...

Thank you so much for sharing your precious moments and beautiful girls with us. I love reading aobut your amazing experiences. Congratulations!!