

Today, we reached 33 weeks gestation. Both girls still continuing to do very well. Top picture is Lily working on sucking her pacifier. She weighs 3 lbs. 12 oz. now! Lily was so alert today, eyes wide open, listening to Daddy and Mommy.
Bottom picture is Lola sleeping. The pink cloth on her head is Mom's scent cloth. They have us put a cloth in their isolette that we have worn that smells like us. Lola weighs 4 lbs. 1 0z. now. She got to have her bed temperature turned off today, which means she is holding her own body temperature. If she goes 24 hrs. with holding her temperature, she can go into an open crib. Big progress.
Both girls tried to suck from a bottle today. Lola took in about 5 mL of formula/breastmilk without any drop in heartrate, respirations, or oxygen saturation. She was wide eyed and really interested for the 5 mL, but then sacked out. It was so cute.
Lily, who had been really active/alert for most of the day, decided to be sleepy right at her first bottle attempt. She did use her tongue to get the milk on her lips and also took a couple of good sucks, but didn't really take in any formula/breastmilk. She is also working on holding her temperature and before we left today, her bed had been turned off too.
Both girls continue to mesmorize their parents. We miss them terribly when we have to leave, but hopefully soon they will leave with us for home.
Love, Mel


4 comments:
Such big girls already! They are doing so WONDERFUL! I know that you are so proud of them! I'm so glad that I got to see them today! I wish I could come up everyday! Caden is coloring them pictures that he said they were to hang up in their room! I can't wait for him to meet his new little cousins! Have a fantastic day tomorrow!
I just found out you have a blog now:-) I can't even express in words how happy I am for you guys. The girls are beautiful...you and Don are both glowing as well! I can't wait to meet these precious miracles and I know Pacey can't wait to play!! I will be watching daily!!
Hugs to you,
Jocelyn and Pacey
What a big day for the girls (and for mom and dad, too)! All good news... keep it comin' Lily and Lola!!
Congrats, Mel & Don!! I am so happy for you both and I'm glad the girls are doing well!!!
Jessica
Post a Comment