Well, another good day for our sweet angels. They continue to hold their own in the breathing department. Both are also gaining weight. Today, they had an OT session to do range of motion exercises and swallowing exercises. They tolerated that well without issue.
Lola got to try to suck on a bottle for the first time. She gave it her best, but got only about 3 good sucks in before she was finished.
Lily has been coordinating her eyes really well the past few days. She just looks around with these big eyes as if deep in reflection. It is so cute.
I can still only hold/kangaroo them once a day. I do get to do all of their diaper changes and temperature checks and repositioning right before their feeding times. It is amazing how strong those little legs and arms can be when you try to snuggle them back into their positioners.
Don and I are doing well. Don has had to go back to work, but is trying to do a flexible schedule so he can see the girls daily. I spend most of the day at the NICU. I miss them terribly when I have to leave.
Thanks again for all the prayers, thoughts and phone calls. We are running a little slow at returning calls/emails as you can imagine, but we always feel lucky to have the support system we have.
Love, Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am so glad that they are still doing so well! I didn't know that you got to do all their diaper changes...that's great! I've decided that my kiddos are already jealous, they keep getting sick so I can't go see your babies ;)! Hopefully they will stay well from now on! Have another great day tomorrow! Go Girls Go!
Thanks so much for keeping us posted. We're glad to hear things are going so well. They are adorable and we can't wait until they come home. Really, we're looking forward to playing with them at the family functions. All my "little" moms can't wait to see them. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Love,
The Ames Party of 6
Post a Comment