Saturday, June 28, 2008

Opening your Christmas presents early


I have decided that having your babies preterm is a bit like a child opening his Christmas presents before Christmas. You get really excited because you know you have some great gifts, but you just can't play with them yet- and that is torture!
Don and I spent all day at the NICU with the girls. What we learned about our "presents" today:
Lola is now 4 lbs! yea!
Lily snores. It is hysterical.
Don has a recording on his phone of Lily snoring during our "kangaroo" session. It is a riot.
Who would think that a baby who will be 33 weeks gestation tomorrow could snore loud enough to record?
Both girls had an excellent day overall. Lily did gain 20 grams, but still 3 lbs. 10 oz. officially. They both continue to increase in alertness and ability to follow our voices.
They also met their cousin Lindsey for the first time today, which was great.
Above picture is Don with Lily.
Love, Mel

2 comments:

The Dutys said...

That is funny...I would have never thought they would snore! I can't wait to hear the recording!

brotayjax said...

That's priceless! You'll have to make that your ringer, Don. Keep up with the postings... the updates have been great!

Love and Kisses to all the entire Heffington Fam!

Love, The King Fam