Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I woke everyone up at 2:22 am last night!!!

Yes, she really did folks, I was there!



Well I guess I should have been more specific in defining a successful New Year's Eve. I should have said "not up at west coast midnight" as Lily decided that is when she wanted to celebrate 2009. Up from 2:22 until 4:00 am. grrrrrr.... She woke up Lola after about an hour of crying for no known reason, fussing, etc. etc. We started off their sixth month so well with both girls sleeping 7 pm until 6 or 7 am until about 3 days ago. I don't know what happened. Lola woke up two nights ago at 11:30 pm and had trouble going back to sleep. I don't know if they are dreaming or since they are more social, wanting to see us or what.
I guess we will see if it was a fluke or a pattern tonight. I often tell people that only celebrities have twins at our age, because they can afford nannies! To all you parents out there: the sleep deprivation is no joke, is it?
It is crazy to think back to this time last year. I was pregnant, hadn't told too many because we were so afraid of what might happen, again. We knew I was pregnant with twins and were still doing injections at this time last year, fun, fun. I was nauseous, but happy to feel "normal" pregnancy woes. No word on Gracie since, well, forever at that point. Now, here we are with twin healthy baby girls and progress in bringing Gracie home. It is truly amazing after all this time to be writing this post all about "our" kiddos. Being able to send out birth announcements and Christmas cards with the girls on them was almost surreal. We are finally parents.
We have met some extraordinary people in the past year and been the recipients of an extraordinary amount of support and prayers. We want to thank everyone for all of the support and encouragement given to us. We are hopeful that many blessings and good times come your way in 2009!
Love, Mel

1 comment:

veggiemom said...

Seriously...I don't understand kids and sleep. It makes me crazy!!! Hope your 2009 is as amazing as your 2008 was!