Hey everyone! Looking for positioning and or ideas for tummy time/floor time that will minimize reflux. Lola is still fighting reflux and I want to get her in the floor to play/practice her tummy time skills, but we end up with reflux issues getting in our way some. I am wanting to keep as much formula in them, of course, to help their weight gain and don't want to rob Peter to pay Paul if you understand where I am going.
We always keep them up for at least 10 minutes after feeding. With Lola, if I am going to put her in the floor, I usually wait until she has been up 30 minutes past feeding. However, then we run into the sleep mode and then tummy time is so very effective.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Our pediatrician does not want us to start cereal just yet, and I understand from several that assists with reflux. Not sure the girls could handle the consistency from an oral motor standpoint just yet.
Also, trying to feed both at the exact same time from Boppy pillow or chair every feeding now and switched to slow flow nipple to cut back on frantic feeding. They did okay with faster nipple when we fed them individually because I could pace them, but with both there was lots of scary gasping... However, I am finding that Lola will not always stick with the same amount of volume taken from the slow nipple. I don't know if she gets tired because of more effort... Any thoughts there especially to you STs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch.
Love, Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
With Pacey, we just had to pretty much stop tummy time for the most part. No matter how long I waited, she spit up and got upset.
Once I changed her to Enfamil AR things changed. Then her reflux decreased about 80% and we could do tummy time! She still hated it and still does:-( I am probably no help...sorry.
Post a Comment