I am having a really hard time trusting that we will actually be bringing Gracie home. Even though seeing the PGN approval should be a hoorah moment, it is terribly difficult to trust it still. I keep thinking: just wait something will happen. I am sure that is a normal reaction after the emotional roller coaster that has been our adoption journey. I do not want to ride it any longer. It is scary to let my guard down and actually believe that our dream is coming true. We made a promise to that little angel on our visit trip in August of 2006 that we would be coming back to get her. It took so long to get to a point where I felt I had left no stone unturned to keep that promise. There were so many long nights that I laid awake trying to think of another approach or person who could help us get her. There were so many nights I couldn't sleep wondering if Gracie had a full belly or was being told she had worth and was loved. Every child deserves a family and this child has been our child since March of 2006. At times, it has felt as if she were kidnapped. We knew she was still living, but very little details. Still, hope is a powerful gift from God. We never let our hope for Gracie go. I continue to hope that this is the real deal, that I will finally kiss those sweet cheeks again and say "I kept my promise".
Love, Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Melanie, what a beautiful post...Gracie is coming home and you will be able to tell her that you kept your promise!!
I'm quite sure, after such a long and difficult journey, that you won't really feel sure about Gracie coming home until she's been here for a while. Still, you will soon be able to tell her that you kept you're promise.
Hoping for a speedy post PGN process!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby
You said many of these things to me on the phone the other day, and yet your post still made me cry. You and Don have been parents for so long, Mel. Thinking like parents, acting like parents.
I understand your distrust that this day is actually coming, but I know the private smile sneaks in on your face at least once a day just thinking that you are that much closer to having your forever family.
We love you...
Post a Comment