Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gracie's Language

Just a really quick post about Gracie's language explosion because I hear the troops waking.

I sat down on Monday with a small piece of paper to write all the words Gracie consistently speaks in English. A word made it on the list if:
1. Gracie consistently said the word without prompting
2. Did not just say word as repeating
3. Used it correctly in context

I ended up writing 86 words down. I couldn't believe it. I think that is incredible for being home 11 weeks!!!

Some of my favorites are:

Bless you (after a sneeze)
Good job (we frequently hear "Good job Mama/Papa" after we open something, cook dinner:)
Gracie
Heavy
Cool
Itchy (loves to have her back scratched)
Silly
Messy (as in "Lily/Lola messy")
One Two
The End (end of books, done with dishes, etc.)

Have a good day, must go feed people!
Love, Mel

1 comment:

veggiemom said...

That's awesome! It just amazes me how fast they learn.