Hello everybody!For anyone going thru twin baby girl withdrawl, above pics are for you. Funny note, the girls now smile anytime I get the camera out and smile bigger when I say "Party Pic!". They are ready for college already (those of you from OU understand). Both Lily and Lola continue to do just great and we just fall further in love with them each day.
Gracie is doing great, although currently she is testing me (ahhh, 3 year old behavior). Last night, I asked her to please put her houseshoes up in her closet (in Spanish). I sat and watched her as she did the most amazing thing. She has a shelf in her closet for her shoes, around 8 pair total (keep in mind some were loaned as we didn't know her shoe size when I traveled to Guat.), including the infamous boots. She stared at her shoe shelf for awhile and then began rearranging her shoes to fit in her houseshoes. I was just dumbfounded to think that two weeks ago, this precious child had not a cent to her name, no family capable of parenting her at this time and now here she is with a huge family and so many shoes that she has to organize them.
We are trying very, very hard NOT to make life seem as if it is Disneyland. She does get overwhelmed with "stuff" at times and produces behavior we would rather not encourage. It is a hard balance. It truly makes you realize that how much children need families and a sense of belonging and a sense of what is theirs.
Don continues to be a great dad to all of his girls, yet longs for a bit more testosterone in our house. Sometimes we just look at each other and laugh at how crazy and different our lives have become in the past year.
Me, you ask? Well I am just sitting her in full makeup, hair fixed and clothes pressed. I have only eaten near Gracie's weight in chocolate today, but it is only 2:30. I will be up to my own weight in chocolate probably very soon...
Have a good Monday! Love, Mel




2 comments:
They are getting so big and are so adorable!! I love the great big smiles! And the boots are too cute! Kelsey is already has a shoe fettish. She must have any and all shoes she lays eyes upon...even if the heels are too high to walk in!
The twins look great. I'm glad to hear Gracie continues to do well. I hope we see you on Saturday.
Post a Comment