













I am sorry it has taken me so long to post pics and an update. This week started off way crazy and with little sleep, but wrapped up to be much better. Our moms helped us get some sleep and I feel sane now. I had no idea what true sleep deprivation felt like. I felt like I was in P.T. school all over again, only I couldn't sleep the next day after being up all night studying. We had several nights of both girls waking up between feedings. However, we can gladly say the last 3 nights both girls have slept between feedings! HOORAY! It is amazing how different sleeping for almost 2 hrs. feels vs. 1 hr.
We did end up being successful in using the Moses baskets for sleep in place of the cribs. The cribs were just too big. We also have a wedge at the head of the bed in the cribs, but the girls just keep sliding down and off and sometimes upside down. So, it was getting to be a bit ridiculous to think it was helping with the reflux issue. Several nights we would find Lola with her fanny at the top of the wedge and her head at the bottom. I am no expert on reflux, but I do understand gravity and I think that position definitely was not helping.
We also went down to 2.5 oz. vs. 3.0 oz. every 3 hrs. for feedings. It has helped tremendously. Lily has really no reflux to speak of anymore. Lola still has hers, but less and less frequent. Yea! It comes out her nose and I am sure that really burns.
We have graduated to actual newborn 8 - 14 lb. diapers too! I don't think the girls are 8 lbs., but they can at least wear the diapers!
Both girls continue to be more and more alert. Above pics show the girls watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics, tummy time (which you can see Lily loves and Lola tends to sleep through :), napping together, Boppy chairing together and watching their mobiles. The teddy bears were gifts from the Parkeys. I love them and the girls look so cute next to them.
Both girls are really gaining with head control and able to hold their heads independently for a bit. They can pick their heads up from tummy position and switch to other side. They continue to show me the "rooting" reflex every feeding, which is so funny because they are so insistent. Lola continues to have a fussy period between 9 and midnight (Dad's shift :) , however, it is improving.
Well, I had better get to the next feeding before the craziness breaks lose!
Thanks to everyone for the dinners, messages, offers to help and words of encouragement this week. It has helped more than you know.
It is amazing watching these little beings grow and develop. We are the luckiest people in the world.
It is amazing watching these little beings grow and develop. We are the luckiest people in the world.
Love, Mel


4 comments:
I can't get over how big the girls are getting!! They have chubby cheeks:-) Glad to hear you got some sleep!!
I'm so glad that you are all doing better! I can't wait to see those girls again!
They have gotten so big, Mel and Don! It's really unreal to watch it from the beginning of your blog to now... your little miracles.
I know you have to keep your visitors to a minimum, so I won't ask. Just want to put it out there that Alex and I would love to come over to see them; when you think it's fine, you tell us. I can bring dinner and we can have a night where we help you out with anything, too.
If it's too early to put that forward, than I'd still like to bring dinner, so I'll give you a call!
I love having the blog to catch up on what's happening with those precious pretties!
Lots of Love,
Alyson, Alex, Brody, Taylor, and Jaxson
Did I mention that I'd help out for a night shift, too?? Use me and abuse me, Mel!!
Post a Comment