Well, after publicly expressing my desire for a Gracie update, we got one. I am not going to go into a big drawn out explanation of the steps of an adoption in Guatemala because it is just too exhausting and depressing after THREE YEARS of this. Basically, what we learned yesterday is that the next step after our PGN approval did not take place until last week. Our PGN approval was dated the last week in Sept., so basically over a month has gone by with no action. Our agency is trying to get information on why this happened and if this is indeed accurate. I am not going to assign blame on this blog, but I will tell you this is NOT the fault of our agency.
Basically, if this is true we will be very hard pressed to have Gracie Sofia home by her birthday (December) or Christmas, which was my secret hope.
Also, doing business in Guatemala in December will be a wash, so it really lengthens out the timeline to bring her home.
I guess the thing to hope for at this time is that the information was inaccurate, which is possible.
I am trying not to get too upset. However, as I have mentioned before, riding the emotional rollercoaster of this adoption is draining me. What upsets me the most is thinking of her living through another birthday and Christmas without a family. We just want to be that family for her.
What I am going to try to do is:
1. Remember we have seen the PGN approval, which is huge for our case
2. Kiss the chubby cheeks of Lily and Lola several times more today
3. Pray that I will remember God's hand is in this adoption
Love, Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry and still praying.......
I'm sorry this happened! We are thinking about you guys and Caden prayed for his new cousin to come home soon!
You are being so strong...she will be home soon...keep looking at the PGN papers...it will keep you going! And...kiss those cheeks some more:-)
Ugh!!! Is your bc a RENAP one? Hoping things speed up soon.
Post a Comment