Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving for our Family

Beautiful Gracie, ready for her 1st Bar Mitzvah!

This one loves clothes more than toys

Our family all ready to go to Brody's bar mitzvah party


Look what we did...




...all by ourselves!



Gotta love twins





Sweetie pies







Lola decides to sit and rest







Gracie with her pine cone treasure







Gracie loves to be outside










Lola loves to hide behind doors









All the girls together for a walk on a cold morning












Sweet baby Lola












Precious Lily Bean













I love this pic of Gracie, so precious
As Thanksgiving approaches, I am overcome with gratitude for the blessings in my life. First and foremost, my husband is truly my best friend, my rock. We have weathered many storms together and have survived them all. There is no one like him and I am truly blessed to have shared the past 10 years with him.
Of course, I am thankful for my girls. Gracie brings joy and laughter and excitement wherever she goes. This is the first time in 3 years that I will know for sure where she is. I may not sleep every night (with three sm. children, who does?), but it is never for worry about Gracie. I will never have to worry again if she is hungry, scared or will ever see life as a valued member of a family. For this, I am truly grateful. I finally have peace in that part of my heart.
I am overwhelmingly grateful for Lily and Lola too. This time in their childhood has brought me so much joy and happiness. Lily's smile and sweet kisses and hugs melt my heart every time. Lola's singing and dancing are two of the most precious gifts to witness in this world. Everyday brings new wonder and a chance to view the world for the first time again.
I am blessed beyond measure in this life with my family. I am truly grateful to God for answering my prayers. I am also grateful to countless friends and family members who walked this journey to completing our family with us. During the dark times, you did more than walk it- you carried us.
I hope all of you spend Thanksgiving with the ones who love you most. Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Mel














4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Warm fuzzies! So happy for all this year has brought your family!

Gardenia said...

your children are beautiful little beings! Gracie has a contagious smile, doesn't she? ad your little ones are growing and accomplishing bigger tasks. why the different haircuts I wonder. Lily with long bangs and Lola with short. whatever the reason, they are beautiful.

Mel said...

Gardenia- the twins have actually never had a real haircut.
Lily just grows mountains of hair and Lola grows very little and very slowly.
Lola's also is a bit lighter, so in pics it looks like much less than Lily's too.

Gardenia said...

Oh I came back looking to see if you explained the different haircuts. aha. you did. very interesting that they can be so mirror-like and yet differnt too! happy advent.