Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Splash Pad, Zoo and Oh Yea-Lily and Lola turn ONE!!!

Gracie loves the splash pad!

Babies love to watch Gracie love the splash pad


I love, love, love this picture


Gracie and her sparkly shoes (she was asleep when prev. photo taken)



I am going to get you!




A frequent sight around here





Gracie and her first zoo trip






Not too hot to enjoy her first cotton candy







Hot fun in the summertime








Children's Zoo



Gracie loves bunnies




Giving a quick hug to a goat


Seriously loved the logs almost as much
as the Children's Zoo animals


Our monkey



Getting a cold drink with Papa while waiting on the train




One tired mama and one never-going-to-admit-she-is tired Gracie





SOOOOOOOOO
excited about her first train ride



This is awesome!
Although today is Lily and Lola's FIRST birthday and we are beyond thrilled to celebrate it, we don't have any b-day pics yet-but there will be some soon.
We wanted to spend some special time with Gracie this week alone, since understanding the whole birthday hoopla for the babies and not for her is going to be hard. We went to the zoo, very hot-but soo fun. She loved, loved, loved the monkeys and of course the train. Not too sure about the elephants, I think because of their size. I think she ran thru the entire zoo, looking back at us yelling " Come on!". It was too cute.
Can't believe that I gave birth to those two sweet babies sleeping in the next room this time last year. Can't believe that this time last year I had nothing but hope that Gracie would ever come home to us. Can't believe that Don and I have made it thru this year of trials and triumphs and will have been married 10 years in October.
Life is full of surprises. I am loving being a mama to these three girls. I could never have survived this past year without the love and support and help from Don. He is an amazing husband and friend and I am thankful for him everyday.
Hope everyone has a good day and at least a little time this week to spend with the ones you love.
Love, Mel


















2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy birthday Lily and Lola!!!!

veggiemom said...

Happy birthday sweet girls!!!
I think we're going to have to plan a zoo trip one of these days when it's a little cooler.