Saturday, June 6, 2009

Insanely Busy

Lola all smiles in standing

I love my Papa and he loves me (even in OU garb)

Lily crawling everywhere, but mostly to get Gracie!


Me too! I am going to get you Mama!



Oh wait, or maybe I'll get Archie...




Going back for a second look at that book





Lola still for a split second and Gracie loving chasing her



Hello Mama!



Lily loving being mobile!



Sweet cheeks



Ready for Cirque de Soleil



Lola, all smiles- all the time (well, mostly)


Mama, Papa, Gracie at a family wedding


Gracie dancing the night away with cousins



Or was it jumping the night away?




Reception





And there was a giant mirror for Gracie to check
herself out CONSTANTLY!!







Gracie and her twins




Still loving girlie girl clothes




Pretty girl Gracie

Wishing I had more time, like most people. But the above in pictures probably more than explains why I haven't blogged in awhile. Especially the pictures of the babies crawling and standing. As predicted, life will never be the same.
We have had a great time getting out. Gracie, Don and I went to my cousin's wedding at the end of May while the babies stayed with my aunt and cousin. Gracie had an absolute ball, dancing, lemonade, buffet with fun finger foods, ice cream bar etc. etc. She loved the bridesmaids' dresses, and of course the BRIDE! She continues to love to dance and this past week we went to our local library and watched some kiddos dance some of their cultural dances. She was spellbound. She is enjoying the things summer has to offer-planting flowers, bugs, and splash pads at the park. Her English continues to improve and I really feel like most of the time she understands at least a big part of what you are saying to her in English.
Lily is crawling everywhere. Although she prefers commando style, she can do belly off the floor. Loves yogurt and waves "hi" and "good-bye". She even says hi, I think-I am giving her credit for it anyway. Says Mama and has said Papa. She loves, loves, loves any funny trick Gracie or Lola does. She has even made new friends at the church nursery and has made huge gains in not crying every time Mama is out of sight. She is getting in her two front teeth and they are really hurting, but hopefully they will come out soon! She can stand with Mama and has taken a few steps with Mama, but not really too interested at this time.
Miss Lola, or Miss Go-Go-Go is pulling up to standing. She walked from our living room into our kitchen once with my help, but since then is more interested in crawling or just plain standing on her own, thank you very much Mama!!! She always has a smile for you. Giggles when she knows she is about to go to bed, as if "you don't really think that is going to happen do you?" Not enjoying finger foods too much, but does like toast cut up into strips. Loves to make Lily laugh.
I am amazed to think that I ever used the words "I am busy" before I had children. There was no busy before, at least not in comparison to busy now. I feel like some days, I wake up and before I know it is time for baths, dinner and it is 8 pm and it is like "where did the time go?".
So much planning and packing to go anywhere and the cleaning up and cleaning up again.
But of course, so worth it to hear the giggles, smell the baby lotion, brush and fix the hair, read the stories and see those "firsts".
Have a great weekend!
Love, Mel


















2 comments:

Liz said...

so glad to hear the update...looks like we are all busy! the girls look beautiful and like so much fun!

veggiemom said...

They all 3 look like they're doing great!!! Love all the pics!